CSR activity report│Health
Promote Management of a Healthy Workplace (Priority Issue 5)
[SPECIAL CONTENT] Fighting Against COVID-19
Initiative to Promote Employee Wellness
The Fujifilm Group’s Corporate Philosophy includes our pledge to help improve health in society and enhance quality of life of people worldwide. To realize this philosophy, the Sustainable Value Plan 2030 (the foundations of the Group’s business management strategies for sustainable growth) emphasizes “health” as one of the top priority issues, and we are working to create a healthy society through the healthcare business.
We also believe that the health and wellness of our employees is essential in achieving our Corporate Philosophy and Vision (Fujifilm Group’s Ideals), so we have adopted the Fujifilm Group Employee Wellness Declaration in 2019. We are quickly implementing measures to improve the health and wellness of employees throughout the Group. Our goal is to grow our business, company and community, and we are committed to helping create a society where people can live long, healthy lives.
We will set quantifiable goals to be addressed up to 2022, and continue to improve the level of employee wellness through the PDCA cycle of action and assessment and plan to share our results with the public. We also plan to expand these employee wellness promotion activities not only in Japan but also worldwide to raise the bottom line of awareness across the Group by rolling out good practices.
Review of FY2019
- We set KPIs for the common group. Furthermore the Employee Wellness Manager, the Employee Wellness Promotion Manager and the person appointed by each group company formulated the goals and initiatives of each group company for the five priority areas.
- All 44,224 employees in Japan took a e-learning course on health and wellness (from September 30 to November 8, 2019).
- We set up an employee wellness portal site on the company’s intranet and started a series of special features on employee wellness in the in-house magazine. We also hung posters in the workplace to educate employees.
- In February 2020, every executive of Fujifilm and Fuji Xerox and all Presidents of affiliated companies published their own Health Declarations on the intranet. This is how we showed that health is a priority for all of Fujifilm group and we were able to accelerate the implementation of the employee wellness-focused management.
A poster displayed in company buildings
Our initiative posted on the company’s intranet
|Focus Areas||KPI||Medium-term Target
|Lifestyle Disease Prevention||BMI 25 or higher (%)||21％||25.9％|
|HbA1C 6.0 or higher (%)||6％||7.7％|
|Promoting Anti-smoking Awareness||Smokers||12％||22.6％|
|Cancer Prevention and Treatment||Screening Rate||Lung Cancer||100％||98.6％|
Lifestyle Disease Prevention
Cancer Prevention and Treatment
Promoting Anti-smoking Awareness
Supporting Mental Health Initiatives
Maintaining Appropriate Working Hours
- Developing the Health Report
- Addressing Women’s Health Issues
Promoting Occupational Health and Safety
Fujifilm has approximately 80 group production sites around the world, and we are promoting occupational safety suited to the business characteristics of each site. We have now started to share information on individual safety practices so that we can learn from each other and continue to make improvements. In Japan, the occupational safety managers of each Group company hold regular meetings to conduct safety patrols at each factory and discuss priority issues. In the US, a team comprised of EHS experts from the Group companies visits the factories to make safety patrols and suggest improvement ideas across all sites. We plan to take this opportunity to spread the rollout of these improved occupational health and safety practices across the factories, as well as to Fuji Xerox.
Domestic and International Appraisals
16 companies in the Fujifilm Group have been certified as 2020 Health and Productivity Management Award.
Large Enterprise Category (White 500)
- FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation（4th consecutive year, including Fujifilm and Fuji Xerox）
- Fuji Xerox Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Large Enterprise Category
- FUJIFILM Business Expert Corporation
- FUJIFILM ICT Solutions Co.,Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Software Co., Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Medical Co., Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Corporation
- Fuji Xerox Tokyo Co., Ltd.
- Fuji Xerox System Service Co. Ltd.
Middle & Small Enterprise Category
- FUJIFILM Intellectual Property Research Co.Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Engineering CO., LTD.
- FUJIFILM Kyusyu Co.,Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Media Crest Co., Ltd.
- Japan Tissue Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Fujifilm group health insurance association
- Fuji Xerox InterField Co., Ltd.