CSR activity report│Health
Promote Management of a Healthy Workplace (Priority Issue 5)
[SPECIAL CONTENT] Fighting Against COVID-19
Initiative to Promote Employee Wellness
The Fujifilm Group’s Corporate Philosophy includes our pledge to help improve health in society and enhance quality of life of people worldwide. To realize this philosophy, the Sustainable Value Plan 2030 (the foundations of the Group’s business management strategies for sustainable growth) emphasizes “health” as one of the top priority issues, and we are working to create a healthy society through the healthcare business.
We also believe that the health and wellness of our employees is essential in achieving our Corporate Philosophy and Vision (Fujifilm Group’s Ideals), so we have adopted the Fujifilm Group Employee Wellness Declaration in 2019. We are quickly implementing measures to improve the health and wellness of employees throughout the Group. Our goal is to grow our business, company and community, and we are committed to helping create a society where people can live long, healthy lives.
We will set quantifiable goals to be addressed up to 2022, and continue to improve the level of employee wellness through the PDCA cycle of action and assessment and plan to share our results with the public. We also plan to expand these employee wellness promotion activities not only in Japan but also worldwide to raise the bottom line of awareness across the Group by rolling out good practices.
Fujifilm Group Strategy Map for Management of a Healthy Workplace
Review of FY2019 - 2020
- In addition to setting shared KPIs for the common group, the Employee Wellness Managers, Employee Wellness Promotion Managers, and persons in charge at each group company were appointed. We launched group-wide initiatives to achieve shared numerical targets for the group in five priority areas.
- We set up an employee wellness portal site on the company’s intranet and started a series of special features on employee wellness in the in-house magazine*1. We also hung posters in the workplace to educate employees.
- In February 2020, every executive of Fujifilm and Fuji Xerox（currently FUJIFILM Business Innovation） and all Presidents of affiliated companies published their own Health Declarations on the intranet. This is how we showed that health is a priority for all of Fujifilm group and we were able to accelerate the implementation of the employee wellness-focused management.
- All domestic group employees (about 42,000 people) took the health e-learning course supervised by occupational health physicians. Also being expanded to subcontractors and business partners.
- FY2019: Employee Wellness Declaration; basic knowledge of cancer and lifestyle diseases;
- FY2020: COVID-19 infection, sleep and health
- To determine employee level of understanding and implementation of the Management of a Healthy Workplace, “Measures to Improve Health” have been added to the personnel evaluation items since fiscal 2019, with opportunities arranged for better communication between superiors and subordinates about “being healthy and highly motivated while working.” The company supports all efforts to bolster rates for “Understanding the Management of a Healthy Workplace and Measures to Improve Health are fully implemented” as evaluated by both superiors and subordinates up to 100% (cf. 94.6% in fiscal 2020).
A poster displayed in company buildings
|Focus Areas||KPI||Medium-term Target
|Lifestyle Disease Prevention||BMI 25 or higher (%)||21％||25.9％||27.0％|
|HbA1C 6.0 or higher (%)||6％||7.7％||7.8％|
|Promoting Anti-smoking Awareness||Smokers||12％||22.6％||20.8％|
|Cancer Prevention and Treatment||Screening Rate||Lung Cancer||100％||98.6％||98.9％|
Lifestyle Disease Prevention
Cancer Prevention and Treatment
Promoting Anti-smoking Awareness
Supporting Mental Health Initiatives
Maintaining Appropriate Working Hours
- Developing the Health Report
- Addressing Women’s Health Issues
Promoting Occupational Health and Safety
Fujifilm has approximately 80 group production sites around the world, and we are promoting occupational safety suited to the business characteristics of each site. We have now started to share information on individual safety practices so that we can learn from each other and continue to make improvements. In Japan, the occupational safety managers of each Group company hold regular meetings to conduct safety patrols at each factory and discuss priority issues. In the US, a team comprised of EHS experts from the Group companies visits the factories to make safety patrols and suggest improvement ideas across all sites. We plan to take this opportunity to spread the rollout of these improved occupational health and safety practices across the factories, as well as to FUJIFILM Business Innovation.
Domestic and International Appraisals
In March 2022, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation has been selected as a 2022 Health & Productivity Stock (For two consecutive years).
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) launched the Health & Productivity Stock Selection in 2015 to recognize TSE-listed enterprises that actively promote Health & Productivity Management, an initiative focusing on and strategically carrying out efforts regarding employees’ health from a management perspective.
The Fujifilm Group has been actively working to promote better health since adopting the Fujifilm Group Employee Wellness Declaration in 2019, with an emphasis on issues such as life-style related diseases, smoking, cancer, mental health and long work hours. We also established the “Seven Wellness-promoting Actions” to promote healthy lifestyle practices throughout the Group, actively supporting the improvement of employees’ health and well-being.
25 companies in the Fujifilm Group have been certified as 2022 Health and Productivity Management Award.
Based on the initiative by Nippon Kenko Kaigi to improve health, the Health & Productivity Management Corporation certification program offered by METI recognizes major corporations as well as small- and midsize-corporations with a particularly good health and productivity management program. We received this recognition because of our group-wide efforts to improve health and productivity as well as the involvement of our individual companies.
Large Enterprise Category (White 500)
- FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation（6th consecutive year, including FUJIFILM Corporation and FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp.）
- FUJIFILM Business Expert Corporation
- FUJIFILM System Services Corp.
- FUJIFILM Manufacturing Corp.
Large Enterprise Category
- FUJIFILM Systems Corporation
- FUJIFILM Global Graphic Systems Co., Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Software Co., Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Medical Co., Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Corporation
- FUJIFILM Healthcare Corporation
- FUJIFILM Healthcare Systems Corporation
- FUJIFILM Business Innovation Japan Corp.
- FUJIFILM Service Creative Corp.
- FUJIFILM Service Link Corp.
Small & Middle Enterprise Category (Bright 500)
- FUJIFILM Engineering CO., LTD.
- FUJIFILM Kyusyu Co.,Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Media Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Fujifilm group health insurance association
Small & Middle Enterprise Category
- FUJIFILM Intellectual Property Research Co.Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Shizuoka Co.,Ltd.
- FUJIFILM PHOTO MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.
- FUJIFILM Healthcare Laboratory Co., Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Media Crest Co., Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Logistics Co., Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Printing Systems Corp.
Mie Tokowaka Management of a Healthy Workplace Award 2021, FUJIFILM Manufacturing Corp. Suzuka Center
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, FUJIFILM Corporation and FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp. have been certified as 2022 Sports Yell Companies.
“Sports Yell Company” is a program that certifies companies actively engaged in sports activities to improve the health of their employees. We have a track record of having historically engaged in sports activities throughout the company and its business offices such as company-wide walk events (Arukatsu), hosted by the Fujifilm Group Health Insurance Association) and entrenching exercise habit of “walking at least 30 minutes a day” as one of the Fujifilm Group’s Seven Wellness-promoting Actions. Our companies were recognized for these activities.